1.29.2009

The Kitchen Demolition

So, before I can rightly post about the kitchen renovation I feel that I must share some of the before pics as well as some of the demolition pics ...

Before:


It's hard to understand just how inefficient this kitchen is from the photos ... but, trust me, it is.





I will not be sad to see these cabinets and drawers go ... though, some of them will be repurposed in other parts of the house (storage room and maybe the garage). And the beadboard: buh-bye beadboard!!!


Have you ever taken a sledgehammer to a wall? Wow, what a great feeling ... just don't miss or hit the studs too hard. ;)





This will be the pass-through/breakfast bar area ... you can see clear through the dining room and into the living room. This alone makes the kitchen livable.





The big hole in the wall from the other side ... new cabinets will go on the bottom and then a new countertop will finish off the breakfast bar area. Yay - more storage AND more counter space!


Next up: Add the header and jack studs in that big hole so we can take out the normal studs. Then: pick new cabinets, countertops and floors ... lots to do!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah! what fun! I remember how great it felt to take a sledge hammer and saw to our walls. I should start a blog about all my remodels, huh?